Small in size, but big in print quality. The Ultimaker 3 is a powerful, entry-level 3D printer. Materials for printing consist primarily of Ultimaker-compatible PLA plastic. See a list of commonly used 3D printing filament, including PVA.
Attending the monthly 3D Printing Part I pop-up is recommended prior to using the Ultimaker.
- Visit the Ultimaker website
- Download Cura Ultimaker Edition
- Download 3D files from NIH 3D Print Exchange and Thingiverse
- Create your own 3D models using Tinkercad
- Learn how to set up dual-color 3D prints on the Ultimaker 3 using dual-extrusion
- Print area: 223 x 223 x 205 mm
- Layer resolution: .02 mm to .2 mm
- Print speed: 30 mm/s to 300 mm/s
- Usable filament size: 2.85 mm
- Print surface: Heated glass bed