CLE course content is organized into sections. Content can be presented either by topic or by week so that students can follow the course structure easily.
Instructors and Course Managers can edit the course by adding, editing, or deleting sections. There is also the option to hide sections and certain activities within so that they are available when linked but not available directly on the course page.
When you create a CLE course, you can select the number of sections in the course while you are formatting your course in edit settings. Once your course is set up, you can add additional sections to your course with the add topics icon.
To add topics or sections to your course:
- While in the CLE course, turn Edit mode on towards the top right-hand side.
- If you are using Collapsed Topics, then find the location you want to add a new section and click the plus sign towards the bottom.
- If you are using Topics, then find the location you want to add a new section and click Add topic.
- If you are using Weeks, then go to the bottom of the course page and click Add week.
The Edit settings drop-down menu allows you to edit, highlight, hide, and delete a topic.
- Turn Edit mode on.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu, which is located towards the top right of your topic or section.
- Click edit, highlight, hide topic, or delete topic:
- Editing allows you to edit the section title and content. You can use the text editor to add text, images, videos, etc.
- Hiding makes the section invisible to students
- Deleting permanently deletes the section
Edit an item title
If you would like to change the name/title of an item on your course homepage, please follow these instructions:
1. Log into the CLE, locate your course site, and turn Edit mode on.
2. Locate the title you want to change and click on the pencil icon next to the name.
3. Once you click the pencil icon, the item's title will be editable, and you will be able to delete the highlighted text in the box.
4. Type in the new title and hit enter on your keyboard to save the new title or press escape to exit without saving changes.
To move a course section, please proceed as follows:
- On the course page, in the upper right corner, turn Edit mode on.
- There are two ways to reorder or move sections around:
- Click the Edit drop-down menu, which is located towards the top right of your topic or section, then select the crosshairs symbol and move the section to the desired place. OR
- Navigate to the course index in the left sidebar, select the crosshairs icon and drag it to the section where you want to position it and let go.
Hide Sections (Stealth Mode)
Hiding sections allows you to have activities or resources that are visible to you as the instructor but are not visible to students. To hide a section in your course:
- Set the course page into Edit mode by toggling the Edit mode button in the upper right corner.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu to the right of the section that is being hidden.
- Click Hide topic. You will see that the section now says Hidden from students.