Turnitin is seamlessly integrated with the Forum activity in the CLE. Instructors can use Turnitin to assess student forum posts.
Add a Forum to your course if you have not already done so. Follow these instructions to enable Turnitin in your CLE forums:
- Go to the course home page and turn Edit mode on at the top right of the course home page.
- Open the forum activity on which you want to enable Turnitin.
- Click the Setting tab in the Forum navigation bar. The Updating Forum configuration options (General, Availability, etc. (set up when you were adding the forum to the CLE course)) will appear.
- Scroll down to and click Turnitin plagiarism plugin settings and verify the setting.
- Set Enable Turnitin to Yes. (Tip: Please enable Turnitin before any student’s posting.)
- Optional: Set Display Originality Reports to Students to Yes if you want students to be able to see their Originality Report.
- Click Save and display or Save and return to course.
Review student submissions:
1. When a student submits a new discussion topic, click on the discussion topic name to view the similarity report.
2. Click the similarity score to open the posting in Turnitin's Feedback Studio. Feedback Studio provides more information on the similarity score and allows for instructor comments and grading.