The CLE gradebook supports only the input of numerical grades into the Gradebook. However, it is possible to have the gradebook display numerical values as letter grades to represent a range of grades. For example, "A" could be used to represent grades of 92% and above, "A-" to represent grades between 89 and 92%, and so on.
To display letter grades in the grader report and user report at a course level, we have to set the letter grades as the Grade Display Type in a CLE course. You can also override the default grade boundaries (e.g., 93%-100% = A) and adjust them to serve your grading purpose.
- On the Gradebook Setup (Grades>Setup>Gradebook setup) page, click Course Grade Settings.
- Under the Grade Item Settings category, click Grade display type dropdown menu.
Choose a Letter for the Grade Display Type.Note: If you would like to display two grade types, select Letter (percentage). For example, this would display an 85/100 grade as B (85%).
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Follow the instructions below to adjust letter grade boundaries:
- Login to your CLE course, and click on Grades in the navigation bar in the top center of your course. This will navigate you to the grader report page.
- On the grade report page, click the Grade letters tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Make sure the Override site defaults is checked.
- Change your letter grade boundaries.
Click Save Changes.