Books allow teachers to create multi-page resources with a book-like format and table of contents. Multimedia may be embedded and book printed entirely or by chapter.
Set up the Book Resource
1. In your course, with editing turned on, add the Book resource from the activity/resource chooser.
2. Set the settings for your Book resource:
a. Give it a name and, if required or needed, a description.
b. In Appearance, decide on the chapter formatting and whether you want custom titles.
c. Expand the other settings to configure the resource as you wish, and then click Save and display.
d. Name your first chapter, add content to it and save the changes.
e. From the Table of Contents (at the side or underneath the chapter) click the + icon to add another chapter, and repeat the process.
3. You can edit books from the Table of contents when the editing mode is turned on. If you hide a page, it is still visible/available to you but not to your learners (course participants).
How Course Participants interact with your Book Resource
1. Course participants access the book by clicking the icon on the course page.
2. They can navigate through chapters by clicking the Next button or clicking on the next chapter from the Table of contents. Likewise, they can return to a previous chapter by clicking the Previous button or clicking on it from the Table of contents.