In the CLE Gradebook, one can confidently rearrange and organize items by moving them around between categories or changing their order within categories.
This article provides instructions on how to change the order of grade items in the Gradebook.
Changing the Order of Items in the Gradebook
To change the order of items in the gradebook, first navigate to the Gradebook setup page.
- In the Secondary navigation bar, select the Grades tab.
- In the drop-down text box at the top left of the page, select Gradebook setup.
In the Gradebook setup menu, there are two options for moving items: one at a time, or in bulk using categories.
Moving a Single Grade Item
This will open a new menu, where the gradebook list is available with checkered boxes in between each grade item. Each checkered box indicates an empty space.
To move a single-grade item:
- Select the arrow pointing up and down to the left of the grade item's name.
- Click on an empty space between two other items to move the grade item between them.
This option is best for rearranging the order of items in the Gradebook, due to its granularity.
Moving Multiple Grade Items into or out of a Category
To move multiple grade items at once:
- In the Select column to the right of the grade item's name, select each grade item to move.
- At the bottom of the page, in the drop-down menu next to Move selected items, choose the category to move the items into.
Selecting the name of the course will move it outside of every category. This will not affect the order of the items.
Moving Categories into other categories
To move an entire category, including the grade items inside of it:
- Select the arrow pointing up and down to the left of the grade category's name.
- Click on any empty space between two items to place the category, and all the items, between them.
This option is especially useful when restructuring the gradebook, like in the Extra Credit Item in the CLE Gradebook article.