The Media@UCSF plug-in for the CLE is primarily used for uploading and sharing videos with course participants. What if you want to do the opposite, though, and download a video back to your local hard drive? Simply locate the video in your My Media repository and then follow the steps shown in the tutorial below!
- Log in to the CLE, and from the left-hand navigation menu, select Media Gallery.
- Locate the video you wish to down and click its title.
- From the Actions menu, select Edit.
- Click to open the Downloads tab.
- Click to place a check-mark in the box next to the 'flavor(s)' that you wish to download. Each option provides different size and quality version of the uploaded video. The "Original" version should be the highest quality available.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Go to Media link.
- Click the new Download tab.
- Click the download icon to begin the file download.
And that's it! The file will download to your browser's default file save location.