The UCSF Library has the following resources available for clinical nurses across UCSF Health. Resources and support for ZSFG nurses can be found here.
Literature and systematic reviews
The Education and Research Librarian Team teaches best practices for literature and systematic reviews. See our Systematic Review Guide for more information.
The Education and Research Librarian Team can answer direct patient care questions from clinicians. See our Nursing Guide for more information.
Nursing Certification and Clinical Advancement
The Education and Research Librarian Team teaches best practices for literature searching. The UCSF Library also provides resources to support nursing certification and clinical advancement such as practice exams, BLS/ACLS/PALS. See our Nursing Guide for more information.
Trainings and Workshops
The Education and Research Librarian Team provides an ongoing series of workshops for all UCSF faculty, students, and staff on general research tools and best practices: Reference Managers, PubMed for Clinicians, Pivot, Super Searching, etc. See our Workshop Calendar for more details.
For additional services, contact the Center for Nursing Excellence and Innovation:
- Participation in the activities of the UCSF JBI Centre of Excellence, promoting best evidence and research across the institution and globally. Please note: The UCSF Medical Center has access to JBI.
- Ensuring hospital-wide policies, procedures and guidelines are updated with the latest and best evidence
- Provision of current awareness updates on nursing quality indicators in support of hospital-wide Nursing Performance Improvement
- Participation in UCSF Health-wide councils, including UCSF nursing councils supporting Magnet and evidence-based care
- Support for hospital-based EBP fellowships that promote the use of best evidence to improve nursing practice and patient care
*Resources and support for ZSFG nurses can be found here.