Creating new H5P content is a multi-step process. To begin, H5P activities are created in the H5P Content Bank. H5P activities are stored in the H5P content bank, where they can be edited at any time.
Once an activity has been created in the H5P content bank, it can be added to your course and the activity settings can be configured as needed
To create H5P content:
- H5P modules can be managed through the H5P Content Bank available in each course. To create H5P content, log in to your CLE course and click the H5P Content Bank in the Secondary navigation bar in the drop-down menu under More.
From the H5P content bank, you can select Add or Upload H5P Content.
The upload function can be used to upload an existing H5P file you downloaded on your computer.
The Add button can be used to create H5P interactive content from scratch. You can hover over the Add button and scroll down to click on the title of the H5P type you would like to create, e.g. Branching scenario
The course presentation editor will open. Give your H5P learning object a title.Select an easily identifiable title, such as your course name or number followed by the H5P object name. This will make it easier for you to locate this object and share it with your colleagues in the future.
- Visit h5p.org for step-by-step tutorials for the various types of H5P content available in the CLE.
- Upon finishing creating H5P interactive content in the H5P content bank, you can add the activity to your CLE course.
Edit H5P Interactive Content
- Select the H5P Content Bank in the Secondary navigation bar in the drop-down menu under More.
- Under the H5P content bank page, select the H5P content that needs editing. This will open the H5P content. Rename or delete the H5P interactive content here by clicking the gear icon in the top right.
- Select the Edit button located at the top left of the H5P item.
- Edit as necessary, then select Save after editing the object.
- If you selected the Make a copy of the file option when adding the H5P object to the CLE, you will see the changes reflected in the course. Review Add H5P into the CLE course to see how to enable this option.
- If you are editing an H5P object that has not yet been added to the CLE, you can add it now. Review and add the activity to your CLE course.
Download an H5P Activity
Once an H5P activity has been created in a CLE course, the activity can be downloaded directly from the H5P content bank as an .h5p file, which is a zip-compressed folder with the various files that make up the content (videos, audio, etc.)
- From the H5P content bank, select the activity to be downloaded.
- Click on More at the top left of the activity and select Download. The file will save to the local download folder and can be added to another CLE course or to another website that accepts .h5p files. A downloaded H5P file can be easily uploaded to the CLE.